According to EU Regulation 679/2016 and the General GDPR Data Protection Regulation 2018, your contact details are considered personal data and must be processed and protected in accordance with the law.
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us and we are committed to protect it. This policy explains what we will do with personal information.
Please check this section regularly as the policy may undergo changes or updates. Any significant changes to this policy will be notified.
In addition, please read the Terms and Conditions.
Who are we?
EmphaON SRL, based in Amilcar C. Săndulescu Street, Militari, Ilfov, having CUI XXXXX and J/XXXX, Romanian legal person, who collects, processes and protects personal data.
What data do we collect?
Through the use of our website can be collected, stored and processed / after the following types of information:
By accessing our website, the following types of information may be collected, stored and processed:
- information about the computer, including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version and operating system;
- information about the visits and usage of this website, including the source of recommendation, amount of time spent visiting, pages visualization and browsing paths of the website;
- information such as email address and phone number, which you enter when filling out the contact form
- information you provide in the e-mail body: name, e-mail adress.
- information contained in any communications you send us by e-mail or through our website, including the content of these communications and their metadata;
- any other personal information you send us.
We ask you to let us know if the personal information we hold regarding all of the above needs to be corrected or updated.
Before disclosing to us personal information about another person, you must obtain that person’s consent both for the disclosure and processing of their personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Phone No.: +40 735 006 391
- E-mail Adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: emphaon.com
Why do we collect data?
Contact details will be used for:
– answering the questions addressed through the contact form on the website / e-mail;
– informing you regarding various offers;
– keeping you up to date with news, future events and projects that we organize;
– sending you by e-mail any notification you specifically ask for;
– addressing your requests and complaints;
– maintaining the security of our website and preventing fraud.
Who do we collect data from?
Contact data will only be collected from people who:
– write to us using the website: www.emphaon.com;
– give their consent for processing and storing their personal data.
Where do we store the data and how do we secure it?
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all personal information you provide on secure servers (protected by password and firewall).
- You are aware that sending information over the Internet is usually unsafe and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of data sent over the Internet.
- Our website includes hyperlinks to and details about third-party websites. We are not responsible for third-party privacy policies and practices.
Who has acces to personal data?
The EmphaON Management Team will be the one to manage your personal data and keep in touch with you.
In case of organizing events, the data will be accessed by the international organizing team or third parties (volunteers, subcontractors etc.).
How much time do we store the data?
All data stored through the www.emphaon.com website and e-mail will be stored for 2 years from the time they were sent, according to the law.
During this time, you have the following rights over your data:
– the right to access, rectify, delete the data by sending a written request using the contact form
– withdrawal of consent when it has been granted, without affecting the legality of the processing previously carried out
– opposition, restriction of processing and portability
– the right to address the relevant data protection authorities (ANSPDCP) and the courts.
Please note that your information is also collected from our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, ClubHouse, LinkedIn, etc.), and the present Policy refers to any data that TOP Minds has come into.
Cookies are very useful and perform various functions that make your browsing on a website easy and pleasant. We could say that they are like the site’s “memories” of you, helping it remember how you navigated its pages and the choices you made along the way.
You can navigate more easily and quickly on a site that remembers you than on one that doesn’t. That’s why most of the sites you know and love use these cookies.
What’s in a Cookie?
A cookie is a file that contains an identifier (a string of letters and numbers), which is sent by a web server to a browser and it gets stored by that browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server every time the browser requests that page from it.
Cookies can be “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: the persistent cookie will be stored on the browser if it remains valid until its settled expiration date, unless it is deleted before its expiration date; on the other hand, the session cookie will expire at the end of the user’s session, when the browser closes.
Cookies do not usually contain information that identifies a user in person, but personal information that we store about the user may be related to information stored and obtained through cookies.
Our website uses only persistent cookies.
What’s not in a Cookie?
Cookies (as independent elements) do NOT contain:
• Personal information – you cannot be personally identified based on a cookie alone.
• Program code – unlike a computer virus, a cookie is not composed of code, meaning it is not capable of damaging your device.
1.1 Blocking all cookies for all websites:
– Chrome (version 89): Customize and Control (3 dots button on the top right corner) – Settings– Privacy & Security – Cookies and other site data – check mark “Block all cookies”
More info: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/
– Mozilla Firefox (version 87): Open menu (3 lines button on the top right corner) – Options – Privacy & Security (from left menu) – Enhanced Tracking Protection – choose Custom – make sure Cookies is checked, used the drop-down menu and choose “Cross-site cookies – includes social media cookies”
More info: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
– Internet Explorer (version 11): Tools (gear icon on the top right corner) – Internet Options – Privacy – Advanced – check mark “Block” both for first-party cookies and for third-party cookies and also uncheck “Always allow session cookies”
1.2 Blocking cookies only for particular websites:
– Mozilla Firefox (version 87): Open menu (3 lines button on the top right corner) – Options – Privacy & Security (from left menu) – scroll page to Cookies and Site Data – Manage Exceptions – type the address of the website – click “Block” and “Save changes”
– Internet Explorer (version 11): Tools (gear icon on the top right corner) – Internet Options – Privacy – Sites – type the address of the website in the box and click “Block”
2. You can delete cookies already stored on your computer this way:
2.1 Deleting all cookies already stored:
– Chrome (version 89) – Settings – Privacy & Security – Cookies and other site data – See all cookies and site data – check mark “Remove All”
– Mozilla Firefox (version 87): Open menu (3 lines button on the top right corner) – Options – Privacy & Security (from left menu) – scroll page to Cookies and Site Data – Clear Data – check mark “Cookies and Site Data” and click Clear
– Internet Explorer (version 11): Tools (gear icon on the top right corner) – Internet Options – General – Browsing History – click “Delete” and a pop-up window will appear – check mark “Cookies and website data” – click “Delete” and also uncheck “Preserve Favourites Website data”
2.2 Deleting cookies for websites every time you close the browser:
– Chrome (version 89) – Settings – Privacy & Security – Cookies and other site data – Always clear cookies when windows are closed – click “Add” and type the address of the website (applies to particular websites)
– Mozilla Firefox (version 87): Open menu (3 lines button on the top right corner) – Options – Privacy & Security (from left menu) – scroll page to Cookies and Site Data – check mark “Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed” (applies to all websites)
– Internet Explorer does not present this option
More info on how to manage cookies for any browser, on any operating system or device: https://us.norton.com/internetsecurity-privacy-how-to-clear-cookies.html;
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on using lots of websites, including www.emphaon.com.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes stated above.
1. Your data will not be the subject of any additional study outside of the activities in which you register.
2. Your identity will be protected, so your name will not be found on any list or in any internal or external communication of the Project.
I declare that I have been informed about the purpose of processing, the duration of storage and the rights I have over my personal data.
I have taken note and expressly accept that my data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of this notification.
Want to know more about our cookies? Our data protection officer is at your disposal at email@example.com.
This version was updated on 31.08.2022.